Ozeri ZK14-S Pronto Digital Multifunction Kitchen and Food Scale, Elegant Black
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Accurate, elegant, easy-to-use digital kitchen scale for your largest and smallest cooking projects – weighs up to 11.24 lbs (5100 grams) with precise graduations of 0.05 oz (1 gram).
- Automatic Unit Button instantly converts between 5 units of measurements (g, lbs, lbs:oz, oz, ml) and displays results on an easy-to-read LCD screen – e.g. easily convert 539 grams to 1.188 pounds to 1 pound 3 ounces to 19.01 ounces to 539 ml.
- Precision Tare Button calculates the net weight of your ingredients by automatically subtracting the weight of any bowl or container.
- Features a newly enlarged weighing platform finished in elegant chrome, and 2 large buttons that generate an audible click confirmation. Cleans and stores easily.
- Runs on 2 AAA batteries (trial batteries included, best with Polaroid AAA batteries) that automatically power-off after 2-minutes to preserve battery life, and an easy-access battery compartment (no screwdriver needed).
With a capacity of 11 lbs and a resolution of 1 gram, you could use this for grain, hops and other brewing ingredients. This also uses AAA (good in my opinion since these are easy to find).
Tare Function: Tare allows you to subtract the weight of the container you’re using to get a true weight of the contents. Add your empty container to the scale and press the tare button. This zeros out the scale. Now add the thing you’re weighing and the scale displays just the weight of the contents of your container. In my opinion the tare function is essential for any good homebrewing scale.
A smaller scale can work for all grain brewers, as you can weigh any amount of grain in multiple batches, but if you’re a large batch all grain brewer or regularly brew all grain batches with larger grain bills you may want to consider a two scale approach, one more precise scale for hops and a larger capacity scale for larger grain bills. A couple scales to consider:
- Hands On Review: American Weigh 100g x 0.01g Digital Scale
- Hands On Review: Ultraship 55 lb Digital Scale [Grain] With Removable Face
More: Recent Amazon Finds