Like many of you, I use a chest freezer for chilling and serving kegs. The big downside I’ve experienced is with that is… condensation. Not just beads of water on the sides, I had pooling water in the bottom. Not a good thing. This varies by how often I’m in it and the weather, but the fact is, a chest freezer just isn’t designed to deal with condensation like a refrigerator is.
Enter the Eva-Dry E-500. The Eva Dry contains a desiccant material that absorbs moisture. As this material absorbs moisture it also changes color. Dark blue means it’s dry and pink means it’s becoming saturated. The great thing about the Eva-Dry is that the desiccant material is reusable. The unit contains a built in heater that drives off built up moisture. When it becomes saturated, plug it in overnight and it’s ready to go again the next day. Mine usually lasts a couple months before needing to be regenerated.
I’ve also started using on of these to handle condensation in my fermentation deep freeze.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on AmazonOur Top Draft Resources
- Bulk Keg Orings and Keg Repair Part Numbers
- Serve Homebrew & Sanke Kegs on Any Kegerator
- Damp Kegerator? Fix Kegerator Condensation
- Home Brew Keg Roundup – New & Used, 5 and 2.5 Gallon & More!
- Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Build
- 5 Recent Homebrew Keg Finds
- What’s the Difference Between Ball Lock Kegs and Pin Lock Kegs?
- Tips and Gear for Growler Filling
- Kegging CO2 Use Estimations and Calculations
- Mark II Keg & Carboy Cleaner… As a Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning …
- Portable Draft Beer Serving Options!
- Step by Step: Finding and Fixing Keg CO2 Leaks
- Balancing Your Draft System
- Kegerator Beer Line Temperatures & Reducing Foam with a Recirculating Fan
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Taprite Dual Pressure Kegerator CO2 Regulator – $89.50 + Free Shipping, w/…
- 25′ 1/2″ ID High Temp Silicone Tubing – $34.99, $1.40/foot! +…
- 5 Universal Poppets – $6.69 + Tip & Keg Parts Roundup
- Kegco KC DP-125 12″ Stainless Drip Tray – $28.51 + Free Shipping, Be…