Like many of you, I use a chest freezer for chilling and serving kegs. The big downside I’ve experienced is with that is… condensation. Not just beads of water on the sides, I had pooling water in the bottom. Not a good thing. This varies by how often I’m in it and the weather, but the fact is, a chest freezer just isn’t designed to deal with condensation like a refrigerator is.
Enter the Eva-Dry E-500. The Eva Dry contains a desiccant material that absorbs moisture. As this material absorbs moisture it also changes color. Dark blue means it’s dry and pink means it’s becoming saturated. The great thing about the Eva-Dry is that the desiccant material is reusable. The unit contains a built in heater that drives off built up moisture. When it becomes saturated, plug it in overnight and it’s ready to go again the next day. Mine usually lasts a couple months before needing to be regenerated.
I’ve also started using on of these to handle condensation in my fermentation deep freeze.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on AmazonOur Top Draft Resources
- Bulk Keg Orings and Keg Repair Part Numbers
- Balancing Your Draft System
- Kegging CO2 Use Estimations and Calculations
- Damp Kegerator? Fix Kegerator Condensation
- Home Brew Keg Roundup – New & Used, 5 and 2.5 Gallon & More!
- What’s the Difference Between Ball Lock Kegs and Pin Lock Kegs?
- Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Build
- Portable Draft Beer Serving Options!
- Step by Step: Finding and Fixing Keg CO2 Leaks
- Mark II Keg & Carboy Cleaner… As a Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning …
- Serve Homebrew & Sanke Kegs on Any Kegerator
- Kegerator Beer Line Temperatures & Reducing Foam with a Recirculating Fan
- Tips and Gear for Growler Filling
- 5 Recent Homebrew Keg Finds
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- 1 lb Yeast Nutrient – $6.85 + Free Add On Shipping + Price Comparison
- 10′ 1/2″ ID Silicone – $11.99, $1.20/foot
- 32 Oz Star San Homebrew Sanitizer – $20.17 + Star San Tips & Tricks
- 4 ft Fold In Half, Adjustable Height Folding [Brew Day Work Table] – $26.9…
- Logging Temperature Sensor [Monitor Kegerator & Fermentation Temps] –…