IR-20 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer by Dr.Meter. -50°C TO +550°C Temperature Range. Memory function, recalls your last reading even after power off. 3 Modes – Find the max and min or regular temperature of any reading.
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Great Deal: Water by John Palmer and Colin Kaminski – $10.70
- 18 Piece Rubbermaid Storage Container Set w/Easy Find Lids – $6.61 + Free …
- Case of (6) 16 Ounce Swing Cap Bottles – $11.99, $2 Each + Free Prime Ship
- Induction Cooktop – SEE UPDATE
- Inkbird Bluetooth Thermometer w/2 Probes – $24.79 w/Instant Coupon