A notable percentage of people have some motivation to reduce or completely eliminate gluten intake. Reasons vary from dietary choice to gluten sensitivity to serious medical conditions including auto-immune diseases like Celiac Disease. This may describe you or a friend or family member.
Recently Gluten Free Watchdog tested gluten content of a pitch of White Labs Liquid Yeast. White Labs does not mark their yeast gluten free. However they do say that yeast slurry in the package is below 20 ppm (their analysis is 12 ppm). Under 20 ppm is considered gluten free, although some products (like yeast made with malted, could not legally be labeled gluten free in the US).
Gluten Free Watchdog, found “well above 20 parts per million”
See: Fermentation Growth Mediums for Yeast and Concerns about Residual Gluten – for more information including a Q and A with Ryan Bove, one of the co-founders of Aurochs Brewing Company
Related: Gluten Free and Gluten Reduced Homebrewing Resources | Gluten Free Home Brewing – dedicated GF homebrew shop
Third Party Resource: This resource is part of our selection of top Third Party homebrewing resources. Check out the entire list of resources Third Party Homebrew Resources
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- Ball Lock Kegging System AND a Stainless Intertap Faucet – $129.99 + Flat …
- 11 Gallon Stainless Steel Kettle, Basket and Lid – $66.18 + Free Shipping
- Mark II Keg and Carboy Washer – $84.99 + Review and Site Wide Sale
- 1 lb Idaho 7 Hop Pellets – $11.99! via Final Gravity Homebrew Supply
- 3 Packs of Safale US-05 Dry Yeast – $8.69, $2.90 Each! Best Price + Free …
- 15% Off at Great Fermentations! + Application Ideas
- Brewing Process Infographic Poster – $3.85 + Free Shipping!