(24) Cooler Shock 24 hr. Ice Free Coolers 24 or 48 Can by Cooler Shock. No ice, soft cooler with R5 insulation. Includes 3 Cooler Shock DIY Ice Packs. Regular handle and adjustable shoulder strap.
Cooler includes integrated pockets for the ice packs to slide into.
Use to keep you favorite homebrew, craft beer and more cold while you’re on the go.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on AmazonUses for Ice Packs
- The first and most obvious use for these… use them in your cooler to keep your homebrew, favorite craft beer and more cold. I went to ice packs instead of ice after watching a segment on packing your cooler properly on “Good Eats”. Thanks to Alton Brown I have been ice free since and haven’t looked back.
- Traveling someplace to brew – put your yeast and hops in a small cooler with an ice pack.
- I like to keep an ice pack next to yeast in my fridge to help temp stabilize it.
- If you’re using an ice bath to help keep fermentation temperatures down, use ice packs instead of ice. This method saves you needing to drain water from the bath like you would have if you had added more ice, adding more gel packs doesn’t add any additional water to the mix. If you’re in the practice of purchasing bags of ice for this, this method will also save you money in the long run.
- If you have warm ground water temps, set up your system with a pre-chiller and use ice packs to help chill down your ground water.
Cooler Shock Performance Chart via their 3 x Large Offering on Amazon
- Cooler Shock Gel Packs – In my opinion… these are amazing. The are made of thick mylar and come in several sizes and configurations. Some are pre-made and others are DIY. For the DIY versions you add the water to finish them off.
- Nordic Ice NOR1006 Reusable Long-Lasting 24 Oz Gel Pack – smaller size, handy for temp stabilizing yeast in the fridge.
- Amazon Best Sellers in Camping Coolers
- (24) Cooler Shock 24 hr. Ice Free Coolers 24 or 48 Can
- Stanley Adventure Cooler 30 Quart
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Pre-Wired 110 Volt AC Fan [Kegerator Recirculating Fan] – $15.29 w/Instant…
- 132 Gallon Per Hour Submersible Pump – $10.89 + Draft Line Cleaning Build
- Lavatools Thermowand Thermometer -$16.99 on Lightning Deals
- 5 Universal Poppets – $6.85 + Free Shipping
- 35 lb Capacity Digital Scale [Grain Scale] – $19.99 + Free Prime Ship