Brix Refractometer with ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation). Reads 0 ~ 32% Brix.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Picobrew Zymatic Automated Electric Brew House – $1,599, Save $400 + FREE …
- Dual Scale Refractometer with Aluminum Body – coming up on Black Friday De…
- 64 oz Stainless Steel, Vacuum Insulated Growler – coming up on Black Frida…
- 15% Off Cool Brewing for Black Friday
- Tasting Beer, 2nd Edition! by Randy Mosher – $12.20