Brix Refractometer with ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation). Reads 0 ~ 32% Brix.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
4/16/17 11 PM Central: This has dropped to $18.59. That’s the best historical third party Amazon price I found. Shipping to most US addresses is also free with Prime Membership [Try Prime for Free] or a qualifying order. Price, shipping and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for up to the minute price and availability. See Recent Amazon Finds and our Amazon Fillers Resource Page to help you put together an order that qualifies for free shipping.
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- 10 Gallon NSF Approved, Commercial Grade Kettle – $46.75 + Free Shipping
- Digital pH Meter + 6 pH Buffer Powders – $13.59 on Lightning Deals
- 7 Stir Bars – $8.99 + Free Prime Ship
- 50′ Premium Quality, NSF Certified Drinking Water Hose- $21.17, Best Price
- Ends Soon: Inkbird Dual Stage Digital Temp Controller… $30.41