I store most of my grain in 5 or 6 gallon buckets with Gamma Seal Lids. For recipe kits, I’ll store the whole kit (minus yeast and hops) in it’s own bucket. Gamma Lids come with two parts. An outer ring that installs semi-permanently on the bucket and an inner portion that spins off for quick and easy access. That also means no prying off hard to remove lids. The whole thing is airtight.
A 5 gallon bucket can hold about 25 lbs. So two 5 gallon buckets equals about a bag of grain. Two six gallon buckets have an approximate capacity of 60 lbs.
As this posting, Home Depot has Gamma Seal Lids for $7.25. Order online to reserve yours and select in store pickup to save on shipping. Check product page for up to the minute price and availability.
Recent Great Deals [more]:
- Ported 7 Gallon FerMonster Wide Mouth Fermenter – $28.99
- Bell’s Brewery General Store – Ingredient Sale – Yeast, Malt, …
- Update: Mark II Keg & Carboy Cleaner… As a Recirculating Draft Line C…
- Anpro Dual Scale Refractometer – $19.99 on Lightning Deals
- Fermentation Wrap Heater… $18.99 + Free Shipping