Anpro Dual Scale Refractometer. Aluminum construction. Reads 1.000 – 1.120 specific gravity and 0-32% Brix. Features Automatic Temperature Compensation: 50°F ~86°F (10°C~30°C). Comes with refractometer, plastic sample pipette, mini screwdriver for calibration adjustments, manual, cleaning close and storage box.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Nylon Draw String Bag [BIAB, Hops] – $6.99 + Free Shipping
- Reader Tip & Feedback: Oxygen Regulator w/Flow Gauge
- 11 Gallon Stainless Steel Kettle, Basket and Lid – now.. $59.24, Best Pric…
- 100 Campden Tablets – $4.69 + Free Add On Shipping
- 5.1 Cu Ft RCA Deep Freezer – now $140.50 + Free Shipping via Amazon