Like many of you, I use a chest freezer for chilling and serving kegs. The big downside I’ve experienced is with that is… condensation. Not just beads of water on the sides, I had pooling water in the bottom. Not a good thing. This varies by how often I’m in it and the weather, but the fact is, a chest freezer just isn’t designed to deal with condensation like a refrigerator is.
Enter the Eva-Dry E-500. The Eva Dry contains a desiccant material that absorbs moisture. As this material absorbs moisture it also changes color. Dark blue means it’s dry and pink means it’s becoming saturated. The great thing about the Eva-Dry is that the desiccant material is reusable. The unit contains a built in heater that drives off built up moisture. When it becomes saturated, plug it in overnight and it’s ready to go again the next day. Mine usually lasts a couple months before needing to be regenerated.
I’ve also started using on of these to handle condensation in my fermentation deep freeze.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on AmazonOur Top Draft Resources
- 5 Recent Homebrew Keg Finds
- Kegging CO2 Use Estimations and Calculations
- Kegerator Beer Line Temperatures & Reducing Foam with a Recirculating Fan
- Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Build
- Portable Draft Beer Serving Options!
- Bulk Keg Orings and Keg Repair Part Numbers
- Handling Kegerator Condensation
- Tips and Gear for Growler Filling
- Home Brew Keg Roundup – New & Used, 5 and 2.5 Gallon & More!
- Mark II Keg & Carboy Cleaner… As a Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning …
- Tips and Gear for your Kegerator
- What’s the Difference Between Ball Lock Kegs and Pin Lock Kegs?
- Balancing Your Draft System
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Inkbird ITC-308 Dual Stage Digital Temp Controller – $29.75 w/instant coup…
- Stainless Steel Glass Rinser Assembly – $77.99 + Free Shipping
- 1/2″ NPT Stainless, Full Port Ball Valve – $9.74, Best Price
- Eva Dry 500 [Kegerator & Fermentation Condensation] – $19.97 + Hands …
- Reader Tip: 62 Quart [15.5 Gallon] Stainless Steel Kettle with Basket – $1…