5 Gallon Whiskey Barrels from Balcones Distilling in Waco TX. These barrels are aged with Award Winning Whiskey for a minimum of 6 months. They are recently dumped and ready to be filled with your homebrew – consider a stout, porter, amber, brown or barleywine. Made of American Oak. Can be used multiple times for clean fermentation with proper care. Comes with a stand and rubber bung.
Note: Word is, that Balcones, the distiller that provides many of the used 5 gallon barrels to homebrewers will be moving to larger barrels in the near future. Note sure when the supply of 5 gallon barrels will end.More Info
We’ve featured 5, 10 and 15 gallon size kettles in the past. Used barrels are popular. This 5 gallon size seems to be the most popular. It’s good size to fill and store. Along those lines, availability of these barrels can be touch and go.
A free barrel brewing guide (in downloadable pdf format) is also available on the barrel page. It is… An overview of barrel anatomy, wood types, first-use prep list, cleaning, storing, aging beer, fermenting and souring in oak barrels.
These are marked down to $99 as part of a Holiday Week Sale, while supplies last,
Recent Great Deals [more]:
- Paintball CO2 Cylinder to Draft Regulator Adapter [Portable Serving] – $6.…
- 3 Outlet Propane Distribution Post – $15.42, Best Price
- Reader Tip: Non-Contact IR Thermometer – $5 at Harbor Freight
- 4 Pack Spiegelau American Wheat Glasses [Bell’s Brewery Collaboration] …
- 50 Quart Coleman Wheeled Cooler – $21.44