5 Gallon Whiskey Barrels from Balcones Distilling in Waco TX. These barrels are aged with Award Winning Whiskey for a minimum of 6 months. They are recently dumped and ready to be filled with your homebrew – consider a stout, porter, amber, brown or barleywine. Made of American Oak. Can be used multiple times for clean fermentation with proper care. Comes with a stand and rubber bung.
Note: Word is, that Balcones, the distiller that provides many of the used 5 gallon barrels to homebrewers will be moving to larger barrels in the near future. Note sure when the supply of 5 gallon barrels will end.More Info
We’ve featured 5, 10 and 15 gallon size kettles in the past. Used barrels are popular. This 5 gallon size seems to be the most popular. It’s good size to fill and store. Along those lines, availability of these barrels can be touch and go.
A free barrel brewing guide (in downloadable pdf format) is also available on the barrel page. It is… An overview of barrel anatomy, wood types, first-use prep list, cleaning, storing, aging beer, fermenting and souring in oak barrels.
These are marked down to $99 as part of a Holiday Week Sale, while supplies last,
Recent Great Deals [more]:
- Ends Soon: Intertap Faucet Sale – Three Options + Free Shipping Eligible
- 8 Gallon Used Ranger Creek Bourbon Whiskey – $99
- Reader Tip: Yeti Rambler Vacuum Insulated Growler – $50.46, Best Price
- Reader Tip: Insignia 5.6 Cu Ft, 2 Tap Kegerator – $389.99 Shipped
- 4 Universal Poppets – $6.99 Shipped + Keg Parts Roundup