The Eva Dry E-333 contains a desiccant material that absorbs moisture. As this material absorbs moisture it also changes color. Dark blue means it’s dry and pink means it’s becoming saturated. The great thing about the Eva-Dry is that the desiccant material is reusable. The unit contains a built in heater that drives off built up moisture. When it becomes saturated, plug it in overnight and it’s ready to go again the next day.
The 333 (and 500) in these model numbers stand for cubic feet. The 333 is recommended for a maximum space of 333 feet. The 500 is recommended for a maximum space of 500 cubic feet. It stands to reason that two of the 333 units would work in a space of up to 666 cubic feet. So, you could use two of these in your kegerator to help handle condensation and theoretically have more dehumidifying power than the 500 I use. This would also be nice because you could swap one out to renew it and still have one in your kegerator.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
- Eva-dry Renewable E-333 Wireless Mini Dehumidifer
- Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Wireless Mini Dehumidifer
- Hands On: Eva Dry E-500 with Kegerator Condensation Trial
- Kegerator Tips & Gear · 5 Recent Keg Finds
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Dual Sided Chalkboard Handle – $19.99 + Free Shipping [See Note]
- Rubbermaid Commercial 72 Oz Pitcher- now $4.15, Best Price + Free Add On Shippin…
- Stainless Steel Keg Dry Hop Filter – $12.89 + Free Prime Ship
- Brauler Growler and Neoprene Carrier – $49.99 + Free Shipping
- 5 Pcs Stainless Mesh Homebrew Siphon Filter – $3.04 + Free Shipping