Etekcity Lasergrip 800 IR Thermometer by Etekcity. Non-Contact. Digital Laser for precise aiming. Measures in Celsius or Fahrenheit. Range: -58°F~1382°F/-50°C~750°C. Data hold, auto shutoff and low battery functions. Backlit display. FDA, FCC, CE, ROHS approved. 2 year warranty.
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Simply Simily Stainless Vacuum Insulated Growler – coming up on Lightning …
- Vittles Vault 60-Pound Stackable, Airtight Storage Bin [Grain Storage] – E…
- Today Only: $8.62 Off $50 at Amazon! – Ends at 11:59 PM Pacific 2-22
- Inkbird Bluetooth Thermometer w/2 Probes – $17.50 w/50% Off Coupon
- Lots of Homebrew and Craft Beer Titles work w/Today’s $8.63 Off Sale ̵…