Lasergrip 1022 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun by Etekcity. -58~+1022°F, MAX Display and Emissivity Adjustable by Etekcity. Measures in Celsius or Fahrenheit (Range: -58℉~1022℉/-50℃ to +550℃). Max temperature, auto off and hold functions along with low battery indicator. Backlit display.
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- 35 lb Capacity Digital Scale [Grain Scale] – $19.99 + Free Prime Ship
- Stainless Funnel w/Strainer – $6.93
- First Looks: RTIC Stainless, Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Growler! – $17.7…
- 3 pH Buffer Solution Powders (4.00pH, 6.86pH, and 9.18pH) – $4.95
- Perlick 600 Series Stainless Growler Filler – $6.85 + Perlick Sale