via Brew Hardware. This custom fitting is designed to allow you to connect two ball lock QDs together for the purpose of cleaning your draft lines more quickly and easily.About this fitting
from Brew Hardware: ”
Maybe this is a strange idea but that’s how we roll. This custom made fitting allows you to connect a liquid ball lock coupler/disconnect to both sides. It’s made so that the poppet is depressed to get full flow through both lines. Why?
If you’ve got a multiple faucet kegerator, you’re probably used to cleaning your lines one tap at a time. There are a lot of different ways to run cleaner through the lines whether it be pumping, or maybe even dispensing BLC or other cleaners through by pressurizing a spare keg. The BEST way to clean lines is to use a pump because cleaner in motion works better than static. Here’s how we do it. We use a chugger pump fed from a spare pot or cooler and the output of the pump goes into the first faucet (simply clamp the hose on to the nozzle). The serving line goes to this ball lock jumper fitting, then into the serving line of the next faucet. On the outside of this faucet you can either run it back into your cleaner reservoir or continue to daisy chain to as many faucets as you have. Please note that if you have the faucet style where the piston sticks out of the front of the faucet, you can’t do this because it will leak at that spot.
The beauty of this method is that you don’t have to take your disconnects off the lines or take them apart for cleaning. The cleaner goes through everything. You can also use it with only one QD attached which would then just hold the poppet open for you.
This item is JUST the doubled ended jumper post fitting with two included ORINGS as seen in the picture (may be red or black). We only show the ball lock QD in the second picture to show applicaton at a glance.”
HBF Reader [8 Ways to Connect with HBF] Josh Says: “I use two of these, along with my Mark II Keg Washer, and silicone tubing between my Perlick faucets, to make a loop through all three of my taps in order to recirculate BLC for a good 30 – 60 minutes. Works great!”
Check product page for current price and availability.Our Top Draft Resources
- Damp Kegerator? Fix Kegerator Condensation
- Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Build
- Bulk Keg Orings and Keg Repair Part Numbers
- Mark II Keg & Carboy Cleaner… As a Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning …
- Step by Step: Finding and Fixing Keg CO2 Leaks
- What’s the Difference Between Ball Lock Kegs and Pin Lock Kegs?
- Portable Draft Beer Serving Options!
- 5 Recent Homebrew Keg Finds
- Kegerator Beer Line Temperatures & Reducing Foam with a Recirculating Fan
- Serve Homebrew & Sanke Kegs on Any Kegerator
- Home Brew Keg Roundup – New & Used, 5 and 2.5 Gallon & More!
- Balancing Your Draft System
- Kegging CO2 Use Estimations and Calculations
- Tips and Gear for Growler Filling
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- MoreBeer Pre-Black Friday Carboy Sale – Save 25%!
- Aqua-Tainer 7 Gallon Rigid Water Container – $12.45
- Perlick Forward Sealing Faucets on Sale – from $24.35
- Keg Outlet Pre-Black Friday Sale – Save on Kegs + Black Friday Roundup