Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer. FDA, FCC, CE, ROHS Approved.
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
As if this posting, this is eBay offering is selling for just $11.99. Shipping is also free to select addresses. Check the listing for up to the minute price, description and availability.
Recent Great Deals [more]:
- Bell’s Beer General Store Hop Sale – Citra, Centennial, 7Cs, Cascade…
- Updated & Expanded: Kegerator Resource Page – Tips, How-tos, Reviews …
- Oversize Keg Lid O-Ring – for leaky lids
- Loose Handle Pin Lock Kegs – $27.99 + Repair Tip
- Set of 5 Calibration Weights – $7.98