Why a Stir Plate? The constant motion of a stir plate integrates oxygen, puts yeast in constant contact with nutrients, relieves built up CO2 and generally helps yeast to grow more rapidly. That also means smaller starters.
I have this stir bar and it works great. The vortex to the right was created with the help of this stir bar. See: The HBF Stir Plate Mounting-Thingy for more info.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
Also available in single and 6 packs…
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Stainless Tap Handle Angle Bonnet – $7.79 + Free Shipping
- Coldpour Kegerator Tower Cooler – $39.99 – Back in Stock
- Reader Tip: Vittles Vault 60-Pound Stackable, Airtight Storage Bin [Grain Storag…
- First Looks: RTIC Soft Pack Coolers (Keeps Ice for 5 Days)
- Bayou Classic 44 Quart Stainless Kettle… $67.04 + Free Shipping