Why a Stir Plate? The constant motion of a stir plate integrates oxygen, puts yeast in constant contact with nutrients, relieves built up CO2 and generally helps yeast to grow more rapidly. That also means smaller starters.
I have this stir bar and it works great. The vortex to the right was created with the help of this stir bar. See: The HBF Stir Plate Mounting-Thingy for more info.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
Also available in single and 6 packs…
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Oxiclean Versatile, 3 LBs via Prime Pantry – $7.56
- 13.78″ x 5.9″ Stainless Steel Filter Basket – $29.68 + Free Sh…
- Eco Vessel Growler (w/Infusion Basket) – $28 Best Price, See Trick
- Amazon Deal of the Day – Save on Select Thermos Products – includes …
- 1/4 lb Cacao Nibs – $4.40 w/coupon via Prime Pantry