The ChefAlarm from ThermoWorks (the folks behind the nearly universally lauded Thermapen) is a great Thermometer and Timer Combo for homebrewing. It tracks both highs and lows, has both high and low alarms and has a built in timer. It has an easy to read screen with backlight. Check out my Full Hands on Review for more info. I recommend the immersible Pro-Series Needle Probe or the longer 12″ (non-immersible) probes, both are available on the accessories tab.
ThermoWorks is having a Private Open Box Sale, marking this down to just $40. These are open box or refurbished units and are said to be like new. They come with a full 2 year warranty.
Note that you must use this Private Sale Landing Page as they standar product page will not show the discount.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page, sale page or ThermoWorks Sale Page for up to the minute description, price and availability.
See Our Most Recent ThermoWorks Finds:
- Super-Fast ThermoPop 2-UP – $20 each when you buy two
- ThermoWorks Pro-Series Probe Sale – Save 40%!
- ThermoWorks 24″ Long Stem Digital Thermometer – $29, Save $20
- ThermoWorks Fridge & Freezer Thermometer – $22, Save $7 – Monit…
- ThermoWorks pH Meter – $49, Save 29%
- ThermoWorks Industrial Infrared Thermometer – $49, Save $20
- Save an Additional 10% on ThermoWorks Purchases!
More: Recent Great Deals