Practically speaking, boiling point is a moving target. It’s based on your atmospheric pressure which is a function of your current elevation and the barometric pressure. It literally changes with the weather. Because of this, when I review a thermometer [CDN DTQ450X | Thermapen Classic | RT600C] I regard the temperature of ice water as a more reliable measurement vs boiling water.
ThermoWorks makers of the nearly universally lauded Thermapen have released a boiling point calculator that helps you more accurately determine BP for your specific location and current atmospheric conditions.
Check it out – Boiling Point Calculator
Third Party Resource: This resource is part of our selection of top Third Party homebrewing resources. Check out the entire list of resources Third Party Homebrew Resources
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- Discount Open Box Chugger Pumps – selection and availability varies
- 1/4-Inch Female Flare by 1/4-Inch MPT Fitting – $1.99 at AIH + Building a …
- Updated & Expanded: All Grain Home Brew Tips, Gear and Resources!
- Adventures in Homebrewing Brew It Yourself Sale – up to 40% off
- 7 Gallon Stainless Steel Conical Fermenter by VEVOR – $169.99 + free shipp…
- 19″ Stainless Steel Drip Tray… $15.71 + shipping via Katom
- Jarhill 49 Quart Stainless Kettle with Thermometer and Valve – $95 + Free …