Practically speaking, boiling point is a moving target. It’s based on your atmospheric pressure which is a function of your current elevation and the barometric pressure. It literally changes with the weather. Because of this, when I review a thermometer [CDN DTQ450X | Thermapen Classic | RT600C] I regard the temperature of ice water as a more reliable measurement vs boiling water.
ThermoWorks makers of the nearly universally lauded Thermapen have released a boiling point calculator that helps you more accurately determine BP for your specific location and current atmospheric conditions.
Check it out – Boiling Point Calculator
Third Party Resource: This resource is part of our selection of top Third Party homebrewing resources. Check out the entire list of resources Third Party Homebrew Resources
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- Ends Today: FREE Your Choice 6 Oz Hops from William’s Brewing
- 4 x 1 Liter Reusable Glass Milk Bottles & Lids [Yeast Starters, Slurry Stor…
- 2 x Universal Stoppers & 2 x Airlocks – $5 + free prime ship
- Ends Today: FREE Shipping at Adventures in Homebrewing + application ideas
- 1 lb UK Fuggle Pellet Hops – $11.99 per lb + free ship eligible
- Ends Soon: 16.59% Off at Austin Homebrew Supply – matches Black Friday + 2…
- Selection Changes Soon: The MoreBeer Kit of the Week – Save 20% + stacks w…