- Pedigree: Comprised of Hallertauer Mittlefruh, US Tettnang, Brewer’s Gold and East Kent Golding
- Brewing Usage: Aroma
- Aroma: Strong citrus and tropical tones – grapefruit, melon, lime, gooseberry, passion fruit and lychee
- Alpha Acids %: 11.0-15.0
- Beta Acids %: 3.0-4.5
- Co-Humolone: 20-24% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 1.5-3.0 mls/100g
- General Trade Perception: New, up and coming variety, known for its intense flavor and aroma characteristics
- Typical Beer Styles: American style Pale Ale, IPA, Double IPA
- Additional Information: Developed by the Hop Breeding Company of Yakima, Washington; released in 2007
Hops are stored cold to maintain freshness.
It can be tough to find Citra at a reasonable price. Bell’s Brewery General Store has generally good availability and reasonable prices. Check product page for up to the minute price and availability.
Also: 5 Recent Hop Finds
More: Recent Great Deals