I use a similar type of glove when I’m making yeast starters in an Erlenmeyer Flask. It’s really handy (pun intended) to swirl around the flask or to quickly remove to keep the flask from boiling over. These are also handy on brew day for handling hot (but not wet) ball valves and such.
These are not waterproof. Along those lines, I wouldn’t suggest that you stick your hand in hot wort with one of these on. Or, without one of these on for that matter. I guess the take away here is… don’t stick your hand in hot wort. 🙂
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Commercial Quality Stainless Steel Sink & Faucet – on Lightning Deals
- Dr Meter pH Meter – on Lightning Deals
- Ends Today: Inkbird ITC-310T, Dual Stage w/6 Programmable Timers – $39.52 …
- 25′ Immersion Wort Chiller w/Garden Hose Fittings – $43.89 + Free Sh…
- Project Box – $8.79… + Free Shipping