The Brew Perfect Classic. From MoreBeer: “Monitor your fermentation remotely with the Brew Perfect Classic! If this product looks familiar, there’s good reason. Formerly sold under the name BeerBug, the company has since rebranded and major software improvements have accompanied the name change. The original application for the BeerBug was known to be a bit–well–buggy. But those issues have been thoroughly squashed in the Brew Perfect app. Although the hardware hasn’t changed in the Brew Perfect Classic, the unit is fully compatible with the new app. Whether you’re across the room or across the country, keep tabs on your fermentation with the click of a button.”More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The Brew Perfect Classic measures the actual specific gravity, alcohol %, and temperature of your fermenting beer every minute and sends that information to your own free account online. After set up you can log on at BrewPerfect.com or via the phone app to see exactly how your fermentation is doing. Three graphs are created for each of your beers to log how specific gravity, alcohol %, and temperature changed over the course of the fermentation. The Brew Perfect Classic gives you the knowledge to make better beer, saves you time, and is a whole lot of fun to use.
Knowledge is power. Understanding what happens during fermentation, and how to control it, is often what separates good brewers from great brewers. The Brew Perfect Classic is the tool that gives you that information. Ever wonder what the lag time is on your beer… the real lag time between pitching and when gravity begins to drop? Is my yeast working? How much does fermentation raise temperature? When should I adjust temperature up at the end of fermentation? Or even more simply, what temperature did my beer really ferment at? You learn all that and more.
What is your time worth? If you have ever asked yourself “will I be able to keg this weekend?” The Brew Perfect Classic is for you. The Brew Perfect Classic helps you arrange your busy schedule by knowing exactly when your beer is done fermenting and ready for the next step. Never again will you wonder if your beer is really done, set up to bottle, and then take a gravity reading only to realize you have sugar left in your beer. What could have happened in that same situation when you own The Brew Perfect Classic is the night before, you checked your gravity on your phone, realized the fermentation had stalled, and that you actually needed to heat it up a bit to help the yeast finish. You then scheduled your bottling for Sunday afternoon.
Fun. At the end of the day the most important feature of The Brew Perfect Classic is fun. This takes two things we are all pretty crazy about… making beer and technology and fuses them together. It is almost hard to believe that you could look at your phone most anywhere in the World and see how your beer is doing. On BrewPerfect.com you can also see fermentation profiles of all your fellow brewers and read their notes. You will be able to share your fermentation profile with friends around the globe, your brew club, or on Facebook. That’s fun and cool.
Temperature Measurement. The Brew Perfect Classic measures temperature with the included onboard temperature sensor or an optional external probe. The onboard temperature is best explained as the temperature at the bottom of the Brew Perfect Classic. Being directly above the brew and having CO2 pass through the unit, the temperature is fairly accurate of your brew. However, it may lag behind the temperature changes of your brew, and it may be somewhat affected by ambient room temperatures. If you’d like the most accurate temperature measurement possible you’ll want to pickup the optional temperature probe which will be in direct contact with the fermenting liquid.
- Fits most any vessel that would accept, or could be modified to accept, a #7 stopper
- CO2 vents through a traditional blowoff
- Actual gravity sensor hangs from your BeerBug into your beer and can be lengthened or shortened to accommodate any vessel
- Sends information via your local WiFi network (local WiFi required)
- Rechargeable battery has 25 day life
- Free account on TheBeerBug
- Android and iOS Apps available for your phone
- Software upgrades will automatically be sent to your BeerBug via WiFi as released
- Temperature probe available separately
- Eligible for MoreBeer!’s industry leading 1 year warranty
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
Note: MoreBeer’s cart accepts multiple coupon codes. get in on multiple deals on the same order and maximize free shipping.
- Project Extreme Brewing: 20% Off Kits
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off!
- Fermonsters: Save on Fermonsters and PET Carboys – 20% off all models
- Hops! While you’re placing an order, check out MoreBeer’s Hop Market. That features rotating deep discounts on hops. Maximize free shipping and grab a deal on hops.
- Stainless Steel QDs: Torpedo Ball Lock QDs – just $14.99 and back in stock
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds