The 60L/15.9 Gallon size Speidel Fermenter is very popular, because of that popularity, availability via More Beer is touch and go.
The 15.9 and 3.2 Gallon sizes of Speidels just came back in stock. The last time the 15.9 popped up (back toward the beginning of March) it sold out quickly.
I have two Speidel Fermenters. The 5.3 gallon and the 7.9 gallon (first looks post). I’ve used the 5.3 for quite a while for small batches. I’m very happy with the quality and function of this fermenter.
Some Benefits of Speidel Fermentation Tanks:
- High quality, German manufactured.
- Made of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Heavy duty and much thicker than traditional plastic carboys
- Oversized top opening makes for easy cleaning.
- Integrated spigot
- All connections have o-rings to insure you have no liquid or gas leaks.
- Integrated handles for easily moving these around.
- Unlike traditional carboys, these will not shatter.
- High density construction is highly resistant to oxygen ingress, making these suitable for longer term (up to 12 month) use.
- Up to 31.7 gallons
Recent More Beer [more]:
- Wort Aeration System – $28.99, Limited Availability
- Introducing The Fermentasaurus Conical Fermenter
- Four Used Ball Lock Kegs – $199.99 – $50/Keg + Free Shipping
- Cali Mountain Pale Ale – from $18.99
- Back in Stock: Reconditioned 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs – $64.99 + Free Shipp…