Russian River’s Pliny the Elder Imperial IPA has for multiple years topped Zymurgy Magazine’s “Best Beers in America” list. It is an amazing beer. Distribution is limited and even when it is available, it can sell out quickly.
MoreBeer has collaborated directly with Vinnie Cilurzo, owner and brewer at Russian River Brewing Company, to bring you recipe kits for Pliny the Elder double IPA as part of their BrewMaster Series of recipe kits. From the description “This is THE original Pliny recipe”. I’ve brewed the all grain version of this beer and it has been one of the best beers to come out of my home brewery. See: Brewing Pliny
About: Estimated Original Gravity:1.070-74, Estimated SRM: 10, IBU’s: 198-202 (this is a theoretical number, you will actually get around 100 IBU), Est ABV: 8%.
Shipping is also free with $59 Order
Recent More Beer [more]:
- Hand Carved Maple Hardwood Mash Paddle – $41.99
- Ends Soon: MoreBeer’s Hop Rhizome Pre-Sale + Speidel Sale
- Now Available: SS Brew Tech 14 Gallon Brew Bucket Stainless Conical Fermenter
- New from MoreBeer: Stainless Steel Low Profile Elbow for Sankey Taps
- MoreBeer Oxygenation System – $46.99 + Free Shipping, Limited Supply
Other recipes are out there include Northern Brewer’s Plinian Legacy attempt at cloning this beer. I’ve tried that recipe and it makes a great beer, although I know of no other homebrew recipe that claims direct collaboration with Vinny like MoreBeer’s does. MoreBeer’s Pliny the Elder Kit is one of the best beers that has ever come out of my homebrewery. I can highly recommend it to you.