Pack of 6 Staves from used whiskey barrels made from American White Oak. These are made from Balcones Distilling 5 Gallon Whiskey Barrels.
I asked the vendor about size and was told - "They are 14.5" in length. Widths vary from 1-1 3/4", so depending on your carboy mouth width (glass or plastic) they should drop right in." Facebook Friend Matt (like our Facebook Page - Here) suggested that these would also fit in a corny keg. Indeed... you could easily put these in a corny keg for aging.
At $9.88 this appears to be an amazing way to get the used whiskey barrel experience at a reasonable cost all the while not taking up a bunch of space.
Other suggested uses include BBQ smoking and tap handle making. I picked some up to use both for homebrewing and for use in my beloved Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker.
Whiskey Barrel Wood Staves - $9.88 Shipped
Pinned: *Buying PBW *Stainless Growler *Mason Jars *Columbus IPA *$30:Vac Sealer
Recent Amazon Items:
- Reader Tip: 1 Gallon Glass Storage Jar - $5.96
- Reader Tip: 2L Erlenmeyer Flask - $15.75
- Record Low: Emsa Perfect Beaker - $6.45
- Great Deal: Ball Wide Mouth Pint and a Half Jars - $10.24, New Record Low
- Great Deal: Instant Read Lollipop Style NSF Digital Thermometer - $13.01
- Great Deal: Dual Burner Brew Stand - $127.52 Shipped! + Reader Feedback
- Great Deal: Rival Vacuum Sealer - $29.99 Shipped, Record Low
- Reader Tip: 25 Gallon, Commercial, NSF Approved Kettle - $88.51 Shipped
- Reader Tip: Igloo Ice Cube MaxCold 70 Roller - $38.40 Shipped
- (50) 50 mL Centrifuge Tubes - $9.99 + Reader Feedback
More: Recent Finds, Amazon, Stouts and Porters, Oak, Barrels, Fermentation, Fermenters, Great Deals