How about a commercial quality tray that has a 54 bottle (or so) capacity for bottling day? For catching those in-between bottle drips and keeping your bottling area clean when it comes to time to bottle.
The tray in question is actually a full size sheet pan (18″ x 26″). As you can see it easily hold 54 bottles. Those are Anchor Steam bottles which are a little wider than standard long necks, so you may be able to get even more long necks style bottles on this sheet. This is large enough to hold enough bottles for a full 5 gallon batch. If you leave 1/2 gallon of trub behind, you would use right around 48 (12) ounce bottles. When you’re done you have one tray to rinse off.
I also use this same tray when dry rubbing and transporting racks of ribs when I BBQ on my Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker < which I love dearly.
Worth Noting: This will not fit in my standard size oven. It’s just too big. That’s actually a plus for me. That means random things won’t be cooked and baked on to this thing.
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Woods Weatherproof Remote Control Outlet – $6.33
- 35″ Bayou Classic Stir Paddle – $9.97
- Rubbermaid Commercial 64 Ounce Bouncer Scoop [Grain Scoop] – $9.02 + Free …
- 5 Gallon Stainless Kettle – $35.17
- Stainless Steel, Waterproof (Dishwasher Safe) Thermometer… now $1.77