CHUGGER PUMP CPSS-CI-1 SS Center Home Brew Beer Pump for Transferring Hot and Cold Liquids Between Brewing Vessels, 3/4″ x 1/2″ MPT, USFDA Food Compliant Materials, 115V, ETL Certified
- HOME BREWING PUMP – The CHUGGER PUMP can be used to ease transfers between kettles, cool wort via a counterflow chiller, or recirculate ice water for quicker chilling
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS – Stainless steel pump head, Magnetic Drive w/ base, Teflon thrust washer, Clear Silicone O-ring, Ryton/Teflon Impeller, 55″ cord with plug.
- PREMIUM PERFORMANCE – Featuring a max flow rate of 7 GPM and 18 Feet of head to handle back-pressure. Capable of handling liquids up to 250 degrees F.
- ETL certification and USFDA food compliant materials tested for safety and performance standards.
- 3/4″ MPT inlet and 1/2″ MPT, allowing easy configuration for any application
I use my homebrew pump for vorlaufing/recirculating, transferring from my mash tun to brew kettle, chilling with a recirculating wort chiller and transferring to my fermenter. You could also use a brewing pump to recirculate ice water for your wort chiller. Pumps are a necessity if you want to use a plate chiller. You really need one to properly clean and sanitize your plate chiller.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon