Check out my hands on review Here and follow up Here
This whisk is great for: 1. Stirring in extract. It easily breaks up clumps, 2. Stirring the mash and 3. Starting a whirlpool.
If you’re a homebrewer, I think you should consider owning one of these babies.
Update International FW-24 Stainless Steel French Whip, 24-Inch - $10.42 + Free Shipping with $25 order
From the Feedback Page:
Scott 3/4/2013: I used this for the first time yesterday with 11.5 pounds of grain and it worked like a champ! No dough balls at all – mixes the grain so quickly!
Facebook Friend Kirk 3/3/2013: I used mine yesterday. I have dubbed it the Dough Ball Decimator!
Ricky 3/3/2013: I got one of these the last time it was posted. They work great. You stir your mash differently. You can’t really muscle your mash the same way. It works better despite this. It’s much easier to break clumps up. A little two handed whisking gets everything is evenly mixed.
Facebook Friend Andrew 4/20/2013: I have used one for my last 2 yeast starters to mix the DME before boiling… Amazing.
Jared 2/27/2013: After following your site for quite some time now, and purchasing many items because you let me know about them, I just received the 24″ whisk. I can’t believe how awesome this thing is just by pulling it out of the shipping package! I am so excited about this I might just have to brew this weekend even though I don’t really have the time. Not only would this piece be awesome for the mash, but dissolving LME and DME and keep it off of the bottom. What a great piece of equipment and thanks for sharing it!
Aaron 2/14/2013: I have this exact same French Whip and love it, works way better than the old mash paddle I used before. It really cuts through the grain and helps ensure no dough balls etc. Definitely recommend this above any other stirring tools I’ve used!
Facebook Friend Wayne 2/14/2013: I discovered using one of these about 3 years ago. Don’t know how I ever got along without it. Never have a problem with doughballs. Just make sure you get one that is stiff enough.
More from Amazon:
- Beyond the Pale: The Story of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co, Kindle Edition
- Leatherman Wingman Multi-Tool - $20
- Airtight Grain Storage, 31 lb capacity - $22.99, Record Low Price
- Order Update: Double Wall Stainless Growler
- FoodSaver Bag Roll – 11″ x 16 Feet - $9, Record Low
- 20 Quart Stainless, Commercial Grade Kettle - $56.98 Shipped
- Reader Photo: 5 Shelf Shelving Unit with 4,000 lb capacity - $49 Shipped
- There’s No Taste Like Home, Kindle Edition - Free
- The Brewmaster’s Table by Garrett Oliver, Kindle Edition - now $3.79
- FoodSaver V3835 - $149 Shipped (Save $50.99)
- Reader Tip: Dual Scale Refractometer - $25.49 Shipped