SainSonic Refractometer for taking wort and must sugar content readings. ATC (Automatic Temperature Correction). Tool-less calibration. Reads in degrees Brix. 0 to 32 degree Brix Range. .2% resolution and .2% accuracy.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- 1,800 Watt Induction Cooktop – coming up on Black Friday Deals
- Set of 3 Neoprene Wine Totes – coming up on Black Friday Deals
- 100 Gallon Size Vacuum Sealer Bags [Hops and More] – $19.99 on Black Frida…
- 6 Pack Wooden Beer Carrier and Opener – $15.99 on Black Friday Deals
- Draft Warehouse Keg Coupler Elbow – $9.22 on Black Friday Deals