The Taylor 9306N is a Dual Function Infrared Thermometer -AND- Probe Thermocouple Thermometer.
Features a temperature range of -67 to 482 degrees Fahrenheit via the infrared thermometer or up to 626 degrees Fahrenheit with the probe, this thermometer. 5″ long stainless probe. Auto shutoff. Uses easy to find AAA batteries.
Since the IR function on this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Rubbermaid Commercial 72 Oz Pitcher- now $4.27, Best Price + Free Add On Shippin…
- 5 Pcs Stainless Mesh Homebrew Siphon Filter – $3.04 + Free Shipping
- 5 Pack Beer Faucet Plug/Brush – $8.99, $1.80 Each
- 110 lb Capacity Digital Scale with Remote Display – $21.99, Best Price
- 4 ft Fold In Half, Adjustable Height Folding [Brew Day Work Table] – $26.9…