Here’s a look at MoreBeer’s inline thermometer setup. This is an all stainless setup, with stainless quick disconnects that allows you to place a thermometer inline at any point in your system.
The heart of this unit is a Fermentap Dial Thermometer
I found the inline thermometer to be well built. It also served it’s purpose well. It allows you to check the temperature at a specific point in your process. I think because liquid is moving past this thermometer, you’re getting a great picture of what the temperature actually is at any given point.
I used this to monitor my chill progress. Video…
My apologies that this video is a bit shaky at points. You can watch it for 9 minutes and 12 seconds or just realize that it took 9 minutes and 12 seconds to get to pitching temp.
My batch was about 5.25 Gallons. It took 9 minutes and 12 seconds to get to 68 degrees. Add a couple more seconds on from turning the hose on to starting the video. Ground water temp was 57.7 degrees. I’d say those are dandy results.
Results will vary based on groundwater temp. In my initial trials, I was able to get 5.25 gallons of boiling water down to pitching temp in 5 minutes. Of course, water is easier to chill than wort.
Inline Thermometer with Stainless Quick Disconnects WC420 – $64.95 + Free Shipping
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
- Hops! While you’re placing an order, check out MoreBeer’s Hop Market – rotating deep discounts on hops. – Outstanding deals this week – hops for $5.99 per lb!
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off
- WilliamsWarn: $100 Off WilliamsWarn Unitanks
- Starter Kits: 20% Off Starter Kits – great gifts!
- Kegs! Used Corny Keg – Ball Lock 5 gal. KEG430
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds