More Beer’s Beer and Wine Plate Filter Kit in action
First… Why would you want to filter your beer?
- You want to drink your beer soon. During conditioning, a lot of what we’re doing is waiting for stuff to fall out of suspension. Filtering hastens that process.
- You want to transport your kegged beer. Transporting your beer stirs up anything that’s in the bottom of the keg. Filtering means you don’t need to worry about stirring a bunch of stuff up.
- Clarity. You’re interested in having great clarity for a particular style of beer.
- You have a problem with your beer. Filtering down to the sterile filter level may remove off flavors. That’s a maybe.
The process for filtering beer is basically…
- Assemble the unit and hook up tubing.
- Run 1 gallon of water through the plate filter.
- Run Star San through the filter.
- Filter your beer.
Instructions say to expect the whole process to take about 45 minutes. I’d say that’s about right. The process was a breeze. I was able to multi task and get other things done around the brewery during this process.
Pads are available in rough, polish and sterile. You need to work sequentially through these. Sterile is only recommended in the case that your beer has flaws. That filter strips quite a bit of out of your beer. I only used the rough filter in my test. I was very happy with the clarity that the rough filter produced.
This setup does what’s it supposed to do. It’s easy to set up and easy to use. It adds a little bit of time to the kegging process, but you can do other things during that process. It’s nice to have the option to filter when the situation presents itself.Here’s the bottom of the keg after the beer was consumed. As you can see… no trub at all.
Beer and Wine Plate Filter Kit FIL45B – $69.99 Shipped
Recent More Beer [more]:
- 12 Deals of Christmas – Day 7 – 20% Off Intertap Faucets!
- Blichmann Beer Gun – $64.99 Shipped, Limited Availability – Bundles …
- Back in Stock: Reconditioned 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs – $64.99 Shipped + 12…
- Professional Grade Intertap Faucets & Accessories at MoreBeer – from …
- New: Torpedo Pressure Pack – CO2 Regulator and QD