13 gallon food safe containers via eBay. These are pre-used barrels. They were used to hold pharmaceuticals.
Possible Homebrew Uses – fermenters and grain storage: Drill a hole in the lid and add an airlock grommet [Search: Airlock Grommet – on Amazon] and you’re up and going with a 13 gallon fermenter. You could also use this as a food safe 13 gallon grain storage container. At an estimated 5 lbs per gallon, these would hold approximately 65 lbs of grain.
from HBF Reader Aaron: “I own one of these, they do have an o-ring and work great for storing grain or fermenting in.”
These generally cost $20 + $23 Shipping to most US addresses. The seller will combine shipping for multiple items (contact the seller for actual USPS charges). Or… if you live in or around Rancho Cucamonga, California you can arrange for local pickup. Search the seller’s offering’s below for current availability and check each product page for current price, shipping and description.
Search eBay Seller cecabu’s offerings for 13 gallon barrels
- Speidel Fermenters • Hands on Review
- Storage Options – Base Grain, Specialty Grain and DME
- Fermenters Tag
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- FREE Stainless Steel Growler with ANY Purchase – Blichmann, SS Brewtech, S…
- Secrets from the Master Brewers [Kindle Edition] – $1.99!
- Bootleg Biology Backyard Yeast Wrangling Tool Kit – $34, Save 15%
- March 815 Stainless Steel Brewing Pump – $139.19 with two promos
- Jockey Box [Serve Your Beer on the Go] – $144.49, save $55 w/stacking sal…
- Make Your Own Wine at Home – Vintner’s Best Wine Making Equipment Ki…
- Last Call, Ends Tonight: Buy a Mark II 12 GPM Wort Pump [12 GPM!] and Get FREE C…