A process tip from HBF Reader Aaron:
Here’s a tip that changed the way I brew. Or, at least the way I clean up. I was able to turn my 3 keggle system into a clean-in-place operation by buying a wet-dry vacuum. Now, after I mash, I suck up the spent grains with the vacuum and just roll it out to my compost pile. Then I use my chilling waste water to rinse the mash tun, refilling it with clean water when I am done. After I drain the wort from the boil kettle, I use the refilled mash tun to clean the boil kettle and pump. Finally I use the wet-dry vac to get all the moisture out of the kettles, and to get all the sticky off the vacuum.
- 12-gallon wet/dry vacuum comes with a detachable blower
- 2-1/2-inch accessory assortment for wet or dry pick up, easy to reach large on/off switch
- Includes 8-foot by 2-1/2-inch LockOn hose, 22-1/2-inch extension wands, 14-inch floor nozzle, 120-degree elbow
- Also includes crevice tool, 8-inch utility nozzle, ergonomic elbow grip, blower nozzle, concentrator nozzle
- 18-foot power cord provides wide reach, top carry handle, on-board cord storage
Recent Amazon Finds: