13 gallon food safe containers via eBay. These are pre-used barrels. They were used to hold pharmaceuticals.
Possible Homebrew Uses – fermenters and grain storage: Drill a hole in the lid and add an airlock grommet [Search: Airlock Grommet – on Amazon] and you’re up and going with a 13 gallon fermenter. You could also use this as a food safe 13 gallon grain storage container. At an estimated 5 lbs per gallon, these would hold approximately 65 lbs of grain.
from HBF Reader Aaron: “I own one of these, they do have an o-ring and work great for storing grain or fermenting in.”
These generally cost $20 + $23 Shipping to most US addresses. The seller will combine shipping for multiple items (contact the seller for actual USPS charges). Or… if you live in or around Rancho Cucamonga, California you can arrange for local pickup. Search the seller’s offering’s below for current availability and check each product page for current price, shipping and description.
Search eBay Seller cecabu’s offerings for 13 gallon barrels
- Speidel Fermenters • Hands on Review
- Storage Options – Base Grain, Specialty Grain and DME
- Fermenters Tag
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- Used 5 Gallon Balcones Whiskey Barrel + Stand – $86.99 with stacking deals
- Apera Instruments PHB-60 Waterproof pH Meter – $79.85, Save 15% + free shi…
- Lavatools Javelin Pro Duo Digital Thermometer – $37.99! + free shipping
- Buy Three ALL GRAIN Recipe Kits – from $16.91 per kit… Shipped
- 150 lb Capacity Rope Ratchet [BIAB] – $5.21 + free add on shipping
- Austin Homebrew Supply Sale – large selection, changes regularly + Additio…
- 2 Liter Erlenmeyer Flask + Yeast Starters & Fermentation Resources – …