The Fast Weigh MS-500-BLK by American Weigh Scale features a 500 gram capacity and weighs in .1 gram increments. It has a backlit LCD display and is powered by 2 AAA batteries. The protective cover that doubles as a weighing tray. It has the requisite (in my opinion) tare feature that allows you to get a net weight of the item by subtracting container weight. It displays in both ounces and grams.
Here’s a hands on look at the MS-500…
For accuracy, I recommend weighing hops in grams. For simplicity I recommend weighing Dry Malt Extract for starters in grams. See the Tips Page for more information.
I am very happy with the accuracy of this scale. In fairness, there were some combinations of of calibration weights that did not read out exactly. With some combinations, I noticed a variance of .1 to .2 grams. Very acceptable.
The Fast Weigh MS-500-BLK is part of my Brew Day Box. I’ve used it for years and years. This is great for hops, spices, starter DME and small amounts of specialty grains. If you’re looking for a scale for water salts, I would recommend a scale with a .01 gram resolution like the AWS-100 [Review]
A 600 gram capacity version is also available…
Fast Weigh MS-600 Digital Pocket Scale, Black, 600 X 0.1 G
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Dual Scale Refractometer with ATC – $19.69, Best Price
- 120 mm x 120 mm Case Fan (DIY Stir Plate, Kegerator Circulation) – $2.99
- 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Filter System [Brewing Water] – $110.39 w/stacking…
- Inkbird ITC-308 Dual Stage Digital Temp Controller – $29.75 w/instant coup…
- Stainless Steel Glass Rinser Assembly – $77.99 + Free Shipping