Thanks to tipster Jeff for this find!
The Ultrex Pack 'n Save Vacuum Sealer is selling for just $19.50. This should be compatible with other manufacturer's bags.
This is sold from American Science & Surplus via Amazon.com
Description from American Science & Surplus website:
Once upon a time you could only hot-wire a car, but now, through the magic of the Ultrex® Pack 'n Save, you can use a hot-wire bag sealer to vacuum-pack whole dinners, just like you've seen on TV. The seal-a-sack unit is 13-5/8" wide x 5-3/8" deep x 3-1/2", and has a 4-foot cord. Comes with (5) bags each at 7" x 10" and 9" x 10", plus a 10-foot roll of 10" wide bag material that you cut to size. Replacement bags are available on-line and in many stores where seal-a-whatever supplies are sold. Also useful for partially dissected biology projects.
I've never heard of this brand name before. Leave a comment if you have any experience with these, good or bad.
Ultrex Pack 'n Save Vacuum Sealer - $19.50
- Lock & Lock 21.1 Cup Storage Bin - $12.99 (Buy 4 four $9.74 each and get free shipping)
- 6 Gallon/23L Glass Carboy - $30 with Free Shipping
- 5 Gallon Plastic (PET) Carboy - $18.99
- Brooklyn Brew Shop's Beer Making Book: 52 Seasonal Recipes for Small Batches - $11.31 Free Shipping with $25 Order.
- Beer Craft: A Simple Guide to Making Great Beer - $12.23 (32% Discount) Free Shipping with $25 Order
- Bormioli Rocco Nonix Pub Glass, Set of 12 - $23.85 Free Shipping!
- American Weigh AC Pro 200 Digital Pocket Scale, 200 by 0.01 G - $15.39 with Free Shipping
- Beer Is Proof God Loves Us by Dr Charles Bamforth - Free!
- Rival Vacuum Sealer - $51.50 with Free Shipping
- ThermoWorks RT600C: $24.95
- Control Products TC-9102D-HV Dual Stage High Voltage Digital Temperature Controller - $60 Free Shipping
- 10% Discount on custom, professional, reusable beer labels!
- 5 Gallon Dunkelweizen Kit - $20
- Taylor 9867FDA Digital Thermocouple Thermometer with Folding Probe - $39.97 (43% Discount) and Free Shipping with $25 Order
- 9 Gallon, Two Port Kettle (pre-order now)- $79.99
Get a Free Issue of Brew Your Own Magazine!